Prep time 40 minutes (approx)
Grilling time 30 mins (approx)
- 12 crushed garlic cloves
- ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 anchovy fillets packed in oil and patted dry
- ½ cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 12 boneless chicken thighs
- 3 shallots chopped course
- hot oil for drizzle
- Combine the garlic, 1/2 cup of oil, anchovies,and parsley in a food processor and give it a zap until slightly smooth. Dredge the chicken in anchovy mixture and set aside.
- Place the chicken in a bowl and cover both sides with the bread crumbs coating them evenly and place on a flat platter and refrigerate for about 1/2 hour.
- Prepare your grill on a medium heat. Place the chicken on the grill and cook slowly for about 15 minutes on each side turning only once.
Mrs. Tom’s Secret
Mrs. Tom was not sure if she had reached the Rasta Mon as he appeared to be engulfed in smoke at the time. However in the spirit of détente she left him with a secret used by gas griller’s who still were purist at heart. She told the Rasta that he could obtain his favorite flavor profile by taking his favorite wood chips, soaking them in water for about a half hour, wrapping them in aluminum foil. Then, poke holes in the foil and place the packet right on top of the grill and close the top creating an additional smoky flavor.