Prep time 5 minutes (approx)
Grilling time 6 ½ to 7 mins
- 2 racks of domestic lamb/ cut into chops all the fat trimmed(ask the butcher to do it for you)
- 1 Good Cajun spice not too salty (Paul Prudones)
- 1 Small Jar of Red Jalapeno Jelly
- Vermont goat cheese / medallions the size of a silver dollar and 1/4 inch thick
- Heat your grill to a high heat.
- Place the chops on a platter and sprinkle with the Cajun spice on both sides.
- Place them on the hot spot of your grill leave them for 4 minutes and then turn them.
- Once you turn them wait about 1 minute and then place the cheese on top of each one.
- Move them to a warm but not hot spot on your grill and place the jelly on top of the cheese.
Mrs. Tom’s Secret
Use the best ingredients; it’s simple if you use your fresh domestic local lamb—the chops are much thicker and juicer. Try the goat cheese from Vermont Creamery.