With fresh tomato, gorgonzola, fresh spinach and sausage.
- 1 lavash
- 1 tblsp virgin olive oil
- 1 tomato
- ¼ cup gorgonzola
- ¼ cup fresh mozzarella sliced or graded parmesan to sprinkle on top
- fresh spinach
- 1 cooked sausage sliced thin
This is a great winter or summer snack or meal. Have all the flavor of pizza without the bread!
- Preheat your oven to 425°
- With a basting brush, brush a light coating of extra virgin olive oil over the whole surface, then place fresh sliced vine ripe tomatoes (about 3 slices) (do not use tomato sauce it will saturate the lavash). Now place cheese, I like to use a gorgonzola mixed with mozzarella and a bit of parmesan on top of the fresh tomatoes. Top with spinach and sausage or toppings you want – the possibilities are endless. Use up what is leftover in the refrigerator.
- If you have a pizza stone great, if not just use a cookie sheet and spray the bottom lightly with an olive oil pan spray. Place the lavash pizza in the oven for between 10 and 12 minutes, it will come out crispy and should be perfect. Use a couple of spatulas to transfer to a cutting surface. I can eat a whole one for dinner. If there are folks around I will make a few at once. Do not let them sit with the tomatoes on them get them right in the oven.