Prep time 15 minutes (approx)(Note: Make butter ahead)
Grilling time 10 mins (approx)
- 4 8 oz swordfish filets
- ½ lemon cut thin with the skin on
- Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fine chopped rosemary
- ¼ lb fresh unsalted butter… room temp
- ½ lemon peeled, seeded and chopped small
- 2 teaspoons coarse black pepper
- 5 leaves of chopped basil
- 1 piece of wax or parchment paper
For the butter
- Once the butter is soft mash in lightly the lemon, pepper, basil. Don’t let your butter get too soft, just soft enough to add your ingredients.
- Transfer the butter to the paper and roll into a nice even log. Refrigerate…the butter will last for days in the refrigerator.
- When the butter is hard again remove from the paper and slice silver dollar size medallions about 1/4 inch thick, keep in the refrigerator until you are ready to add them to the fish.
Grilling the Swordfish
- Heat your grill to a high heat
- Drizzle the olive oil and coat the fish then season with the rub evenly.
- Once the fire is ready make sure your grill grates are clean, start the fish on the hot part of the grill and turn one time only after 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Once you turn the fish place a medallion of butter on the center of the fish with a thin slice of lemon on top of the butter…close the lid
Mrs. Tom’s Secret
Do not turn the fish more than the one time—be patient with it.