What You Need To Know To Handle Gas Grill Cylinders Safely
Here are some tips to consider for safe transportation of small gas grill cylinders:
- Always transport and store a cylinder in a secure and upright position so it will not fall, shift, or roll.
- Always close the cylinder valve and, if required, seal with plug, even if the cylinder is empty. Ask if a plug is needed.
- Never keep a filled cylinder inside a hot vehicle or transport inside a closed truck.
- Always place the cylinder in a well-ventilated area of the vehicle.
- Always proceed directly to your destination and immediately remove the cylinder from your vehicle.
- Never transport anything with your gas grill cylinders.
- There is a limit placed by law on the number of cylinders that can be transported in closed-bodied vehicles such as passenger cars and vans. Ask us for more information on state and local codes in place to help keep you safe.
If you have any questions or would like to learn more, please give us a call at 802-459-3340. We’re here to help keep you as safe as possible!